VistaGen Therapeutics (VTGN), is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing new generation medicines for depression and other CNS disorders.
VTGN's lead CNS product candidate, AV-101, is in Phase 2 development, initially as a new generation oral antidepressant drug candidate for MDD. AV-101's mechanism of action is fundamentally different from all FDA-approved antidepressants and atypical antipsychotics used adjunctively to treat MDD, with potential to drive a paradigm shift towards a new generation of safer and faster-acting antidepressants.
AV-101 is currently being evaluated by the U.S. National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) in a small Phase 2 monotherapy study in MDD being fully funded by the NIMH.
VTGN is preparing to launch a 180-patient Phase 2 study of AV-101 as an adjunctive treatment for MDD patients with an inadequate response to standard, FDA-approved antidepressants. AV-101 may also have the potential to treat multiple CNS disorders and neurodegenerative diseases in addition to MDD, including neuropathic pain, epilepsy, Huntington's disease, Parkinson's disease levodopa-induced dyskinesia (PD LID) and other CNS diseases and disorders where modulation of the NMDA receptors, activation of AMPA pathways and/or key active metabolites of AV-101 may achieve therapeutic benefit.
VistaGen Therapeutics was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in South San Francisco, California.
- December 6, 2019 - 10:30am | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About
- March 10, 2018 - 9:22am | Earnings, Earnings Q4
- March 4, 2018 - 11:11am | Analysis, Out and About
- December 11, 2017 - 10:34am | Out and About, Financings
- November 3, 2017 - 1:08pm | Earnings, Earnings Q3
- August 31, 2017 - 10:28am | Research Notes, Financings
- May 5, 2017 - 8:59am | Earnings, Earnings Q1
- March 27, 2017 - 12:52pm | Out and About, Research Notes
- March 10, 2017 - 12:00am | Earnings, Earnings Q4
- November 2, 2016 - 8:46pm | Earnings, Earnings Q3
- August 4, 2016 - 10:50pm | Earnings, Earnings Q2
- May 11, 2016 - 6:21am | Henry'omics, Financings