BioTime (NYSEMKT: BTX), a clinical-stage biotechnology company, focuses on developing and commercializing products addressing degenerative diseases based on pluripotent stem cells and HyStem cell/drug delivery platform technologies.
BTX’s product candidates include Renevia, a facial aesthetics product that is in pivotal clinical trial for the treatment of HIV related facial lipoatrophy; OpRegen, which is in Phase I/IIa clinical trial for the treatment of the dry form of age-related macular degeneration; HyStem-BDNF, a preclinical development program for the delivery of recombinant human brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) directly into the stroke cavity of patients for aiding in tissue repair and functional recovery; and ReGlyde that is in preclinical development as a device for viscosupplementation and a combination product for drug delivery in osteoarthritis.
BTX also develops AST-OPC1, a therapy derived from pluripotent stem cells that is in a Phase I/IIa clinical trial for spinal cord injuries; AST-VAC1, a patient-specific cancer immunotherapy that is in Phase II clinical trial for acute myeloid leukemia; and AST-VAC2, a non-patient specific cancer immunotherapy, which is in Phase I/IIa clinical trial to treat non-small cell lung cancer. In addition, it offers liquid biopsy tests for diagnosis of cancer; bone grafting products to treat orthopedic disorders; and mobile health software products.
Further, it markets GeneCards, a human gene database; LifeMap Discovery, a database of embryonic development, stem cell research, and regenerative medicine; MalaCards, a human disease database; VarElect, an application for prioritizing gene variants; and GeneAnalytics, a novel gene set analysis tool. Additionally, the company develops and markets Hextend, a blood plasma volume expander used for the treatment of hypovolemia.
BioTime, Inc. was founded in 1990 and is based in Alameda, California.
- November 18, 2015 - 9:52am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- October 2, 2015 - 10:45am | Research Notes, Financings
- September 30, 2015 - 8:57am | Research Notes
- September 28, 2015 - 9:09am | Research Notes
- September 26, 2015 - 11:19am | Research Notes, Financings
- September 14, 2015 - 8:39am | Research Notes, Financings
- July 26, 2015 - 11:46am | Research Notes
- July 18, 2015 - 3:33pm | Research Notes
- July 15, 2015 - 9:24am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- July 12, 2015 - 5:53pm | Research Notes
- July 5, 2015 - 3:07pm | Research Notes
- June 16, 2015 - 9:46am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- May 13, 2015 - 8:44am | Financings
- April 22, 2015 - 11:05am | What's Hot
- February 24, 2015 - 9:36am | Regulatory
- January 26, 2015 - 10:06am | IP & Patents
- January 12, 2015 - 9:42am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- December 29, 2014 - 9:51am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- December 16, 2014 - 8:04am | What's Hot
- December 15, 2014 - 9:30am | BOD & C-Suite Updates