BioTime (NYSEMKT: BTX), a clinical-stage biotechnology company, focuses on developing and commercializing products addressing degenerative diseases based on pluripotent stem cells and HyStem cell/drug delivery platform technologies.
BTX’s product candidates include Renevia, a facial aesthetics product that is in pivotal clinical trial for the treatment of HIV related facial lipoatrophy; OpRegen, which is in Phase I/IIa clinical trial for the treatment of the dry form of age-related macular degeneration; HyStem-BDNF, a preclinical development program for the delivery of recombinant human brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) directly into the stroke cavity of patients for aiding in tissue repair and functional recovery; and ReGlyde that is in preclinical development as a device for viscosupplementation and a combination product for drug delivery in osteoarthritis.
BTX also develops AST-OPC1, a therapy derived from pluripotent stem cells that is in a Phase I/IIa clinical trial for spinal cord injuries; AST-VAC1, a patient-specific cancer immunotherapy that is in Phase II clinical trial for acute myeloid leukemia; and AST-VAC2, a non-patient specific cancer immunotherapy, which is in Phase I/IIa clinical trial to treat non-small cell lung cancer. In addition, it offers liquid biopsy tests for diagnosis of cancer; bone grafting products to treat orthopedic disorders; and mobile health software products.
Further, it markets GeneCards, a human gene database; LifeMap Discovery, a database of embryonic development, stem cell research, and regenerative medicine; MalaCards, a human disease database; VarElect, an application for prioritizing gene variants; and GeneAnalytics, a novel gene set analysis tool. Additionally, the company develops and markets Hextend, a blood plasma volume expander used for the treatment of hypovolemia.
BioTime, Inc. was founded in 1990 and is based in Alameda, California.
- September 11, 2018 - 1:18pm | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Earnings, Earnings Q2
- June 2, 2018 - 7:11am | Out and About, Out and About, Earnings, Earnings Q1
- March 13, 2018 - 11:56am | Research Notes
- March 10, 2018 - 9:22am | Earnings, Earnings Q4
- March 4, 2018 - 11:11am | Analysis, Out and About
- November 3, 2017 - 1:08pm | Earnings, Earnings Q3
- October 12, 2017 - 4:54pm | Out and About, Financings
- May 5, 2017 - 8:59am | Earnings, Earnings Q1
- March 10, 2017 - 12:00am | Earnings, Earnings Q4
- February 9, 2017 - 8:13pm | Research Notes, Financings
- November 2, 2016 - 8:46pm | Earnings, Earnings Q3
- August 30, 2016 - 8:27am | Research Notes, Financings
- August 4, 2016 - 10:50pm | Earnings, Earnings Q2
- June 16, 2016 - 10:31am | Research Notes, Financings
- June 10, 2016 - 10:07am | Financings
- March 15, 2016 - 2:13pm | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- February 29, 2016 - 2:51pm | Henry'omics, BOD & C-Suite Updates
- November 18, 2015 - 9:52am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- November 16, 2015 - 10:34am | Earnings Q3
- October 2, 2015 - 10:45am | Research Notes, Financings