bluebird bio, Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company, focuses on developing transformative gene therapies for severe genetic diseases and cancer in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Seattle, Washington.
BLUE’s product candidates include Lenti-D that is in phase II/III clinical studies for the treatment of cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy, a rare hereditary neurological disorder; and LentiGlobin, which is in four clinical studies for the treatment of transfusion-dependent ß-thalassemia, and severe sickle cell disease. The company's lead product candidate in oncology is bb2121, a chimeric antigen receptor T cell product candidate that is in a Phase I trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
BLUE has a strategic collaborations with Celgene Corporation to discover, develop, and commercialize disease-altering gene therapies in oncology; and Kite Pharma (now Gilead). to develop and commercialize second generation T cell receptor (TCR) product candidates against an antigen related to certain cancers associated with the human papilloma virus. It also has strategic collaborations with Medigene AG for the research and development of TCR product candidates directed against approximately four antigens for the treatment of cancer indications; and TC BioPharm to research and develop gamma delta CAR T cell product candidates for cancer immunotherapy.
BLUE was formerly known as Genetix Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and changed its name to bluebird bio, Inc. in September 2010. bluebird bio, Inc. was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- December 6, 2015 - 12:31pm | News
- December 3, 2015 - 8:15am | Research Notes
- November 5, 2015 - 9:50am | Research Notes
- July 26, 2015 - 11:46am | Research Notes
- July 18, 2015 - 3:33pm | Research Notes
- July 12, 2015 - 5:53pm | Research Notes
- July 5, 2015 - 3:07pm | Research Notes
- June 23, 2015 - 6:58pm | Financings, Research Notes
- June 22, 2015 - 10:18am | News, Research Notes
- June 15, 2015 - 8:42am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- June 3, 2015 - 11:21pm | News, Research Notes
- May 27, 2015 - 12:26pm | News
- May 21, 2015 - 8:43am | Regulatory
- May 19, 2015 - 7:28am | Regulatory
- February 17, 2015 - 2:51am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- February 5, 2015 - 8:54am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- February 5, 2015 - 8:50am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- February 2, 2015 - 7:36am | Regulatory
- January 30, 2015 - 9:25am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- January 14, 2015 - 10:21am | BOD & C-Suite Updates