bluebird bio, Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company, focuses on developing transformative gene therapies for severe genetic diseases and cancer in Cambridge, Massachusetts and Seattle, Washington.
BLUE’s product candidates include Lenti-D that is in phase II/III clinical studies for the treatment of cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy, a rare hereditary neurological disorder; and LentiGlobin, which is in four clinical studies for the treatment of transfusion-dependent ß-thalassemia, and severe sickle cell disease. The company's lead product candidate in oncology is bb2121, a chimeric antigen receptor T cell product candidate that is in a Phase I trial for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
BLUE has a strategic collaborations with Celgene Corporation to discover, develop, and commercialize disease-altering gene therapies in oncology; and Kite Pharma (now Gilead). to develop and commercialize second generation T cell receptor (TCR) product candidates against an antigen related to certain cancers associated with the human papilloma virus. It also has strategic collaborations with Medigene AG for the research and development of TCR product candidates directed against approximately four antigens for the treatment of cancer indications; and TC BioPharm to research and develop gamma delta CAR T cell product candidates for cancer immunotherapy.
BLUE was formerly known as Genetix Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and changed its name to bluebird bio, Inc. in September 2010. bluebird bio, Inc. was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- May 19, 2020 - 6:34am | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Financings
May 16, 2020 - 12:13pm |
Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Earnings Q1
Athersys (ATHX), Homology Medicine (FIXX), Verastem (VSTM), EDITAS Medicine (EDIT), REGENXBIO (RGNX), Caladius Biosciences (CLBS), Bellicum Pharmaceuticals (BLCM),, uniQure (QURE), CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP),Aduro Biotech (ADRO), Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (BCLI), Editas medicine (EDIT), Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT), Inyellia Therapeutics (NTLA), Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS), Ultragenyx (RARE), Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR), Solid Biosciences (SLDB), MiMedx (MDXG), Stemline Therapeutics (STML) acquired by Menarini, an Italian pharma, Fate therapeutics (FATE), Sangamo Therapeutics (SGMO), bluebird bio (BLUE), BioLife Solutions BLFS, Biostage (BSTG), Pluristem (PSTI)
- May 11, 2020 - 2:08pm | Research Notes
- May 11, 2020 - 10:16am | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About
- April 11, 2020 - 1:23pm | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Earnings, Earnings Q4
- January 29, 2019 - 12:50pm | Out and About, Out and About
- January 23, 2019 - 12:51pm | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About
- January 22, 2019 - 1:13pm | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About
- January 8, 2019 - 1:13pm | Out and About, Out and About
- September 11, 2018 - 1:18pm | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Earnings, Earnings Q2
- July 25, 2018 - 6:56am | Out and About, Research Notes, Financings
- June 2, 2018 - 7:11am | Out and About, Out and About, Earnings, Earnings Q1
- March 28, 2018 - 8:28am | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About
- March 10, 2018 - 9:22am | Earnings, Earnings Q4
- March 4, 2018 - 11:11am | Analysis, Out and About
- December 12, 2017 - 9:13pm | Out and About, Financings
- November 3, 2017 - 1:08pm | Earnings, Earnings Q3
- June 26, 2017 - 4:58pm | Research Notes, Financings
- May 5, 2017 - 8:59am | Earnings, Earnings Q1
- March 27, 2017 - 12:52pm | Out and About, Research Notes