Athersys, Inc, a biotechnology company, focuses on the research and development in the field of regenerative medicine.
Its clinical development programs are focused on treating neurological conditions, cardiovascular diseases, inflammatory and immune disorders, and pulmonary and other conditions.
ATHX's lead platform product includes MultiStem cell therapy, an allogeneic stem cell product, which has completed Phase 2 study for treating patients suffering from moderate and severe ischemic stroke; that is in Phase 2 clinical study for treating patients with acute myocardial infarction; and, which is in Phase 1/2 clinical study for treating patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome, as well as completed Phase 1 clinical study for patients suffering from leukemia or various other blood-borne cancers. It also develops MultiStem cell therapy to promote tissue repair and healing for animal patients; and 5HT2c agonists for the treatment of obesity and other conditions.
Athersys has license and collaboration agreements with Healios K.K. and Chugai Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. to develop and commercialize MultiStem cell therapy for ischemic stroke; RTI Surgical, Inc. to develop and commercialize biologic implants for orthopedic applications in the bone graft substitutes market; University of Minnesota to develop MultiStem cell therapy platform; and Bristol-Myers Squibb to provide cell lines expressing well validated drug targets for compound screening and development.
Athersys, Inc. was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio.
May 16, 2020 - 12:13pm |
Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Earnings Q1
Athersys (ATHX), Homology Medicine (FIXX), Verastem (VSTM), EDITAS Medicine (EDIT), REGENXBIO (RGNX), Caladius Biosciences (CLBS), Bellicum Pharmaceuticals (BLCM),, uniQure (QURE), CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP),Aduro Biotech (ADRO), Brainstorm Cell Therapeutics (BCLI), Editas medicine (EDIT), Global Blood Therapeutics (GBT), Inyellia Therapeutics (NTLA), Ionis Pharmaceuticals (IONS), Ultragenyx (RARE), Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR), Solid Biosciences (SLDB), MiMedx (MDXG), Stemline Therapeutics (STML) acquired by Menarini, an Italian pharma, Fate therapeutics (FATE), Sangamo Therapeutics (SGMO), bluebird bio (BLUE), BioLife Solutions BLFS, Biostage (BSTG), Pluristem (PSTI)
- May 11, 2020 - 2:08pm | Research Notes
- May 10, 2020 - 11:36am | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About
- April 11, 2020 - 1:23pm | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Earnings, Earnings Q4
March 30, 2020 - 10:18am |
Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About
Athersys (ATHX); HEALIOS K.K., its partner in Japan exercised in full its 4 million warrants to purchase shares at $1.76
- November 3, 2019 - 2:45pm | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Earnings
- January 23, 2019 - 12:51pm | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About
- November 7, 2018 - 6:52am | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Earnings
- September 11, 2018 - 1:18pm | Out and About, Research Notes, Out and About, Earnings, Earnings Q2
- June 2, 2018 - 7:11am | Out and About, Out and About, Earnings, Earnings Q1
- March 13, 2018 - 10:54am | Analysis, Out and About
- March 10, 2018 - 9:22am | Earnings, Earnings Q4
- March 4, 2018 - 11:11am | Analysis, Out and About
- November 3, 2017 - 1:08pm | Earnings, Earnings Q3
- May 5, 2017 - 8:59am | Earnings, Earnings Q1
- March 10, 2017 - 12:00am | Earnings, Earnings Q4
- February 9, 2017 - 8:13pm | Research Notes, Financings
- January 26, 2017 - 4:51pm | Research Notes, Financings
- November 2, 2016 - 8:46pm | Earnings, Earnings Q3
- September 12, 2016 - 8:26am | Research Notes