Asterias Biotherapeutics (NYSEMKT: AST), a clinical-stage biotechnology company, focuses on developing and commercializing novel therapies in the fields of cell therapy and regenerative medicine.
AST develops therapeutic products in the areas of neurology and oncology.
Its clinical stage programs include AST-OPC1, a therapy derived from pluripotent stem cells that has completed a Phase I clinical trial for the treatment of thoracic spinal cord injuries; and that is in Phase I/IIa clinical trial for treating cervical spinal cord injuries, as well as for the treatment of multiple sclerosis and white matter stroke. AST also develops immunotherapeutic programs, such as AST-VAC1, an autologous product candidate that has completed a Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of acute myelogenous leukemia; and AST-VAC2, which is in a Phase I/IIa clinical trial, an allogeneic and cancer vaccine candidate designed to stimulate patient immune responses to telomerase.
Asterias Biotherapeutics was formerly known as BioTime Acquisition Corporation and changed its name to Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. in March 2013. Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. was founded in 2012 and is headquartered in Fremont, California. Asterias Biotherapeutics, Inc. is a subsidiary of BioTime, Inc.
- November 2, 2015 - 7:44am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- September 9, 2015 - 10:22am | Research Notes, Regulatory
- August 31, 2015 - 9:59am | Research Notes, Regulatory
- July 26, 2015 - 11:46am | Research Notes
- July 18, 2015 - 3:33pm | Research Notes
- July 15, 2015 - 9:24am | BOD & C-Suite Updates
- July 12, 2015 - 5:53pm | Research Notes
- July 5, 2015 - 3:07pm | Research Notes
- May 26, 2015 - 9:47am | Financings
- April 21, 2015 - 8:37am | Regulatory
- February 10, 2015 - 9:08pm | Financings
- January 26, 2015 - 10:06am | IP & Patents
- December 5, 2014 - 9:22am | Financings
- November 14, 2014 - 1:58pm | Earnings
- November 11, 2014 - 11:42am | Earnings
- November 4, 2014 - 9:51am | Earnings Alert
- October 20, 2014 - 8:03am | Financings
- October 16, 2014 - 2:13pm | Earnings Q3
- October 7, 2014 - 9:58am | Financings
- September 29, 2014 - 3:06pm